How to apply
Applications for Fall 2018 will be accepted until April 15, 2018.
The application must be completed in its entirety; please be aware that you will not be able to save your application and come back to it later later. Before you begin, please gather all necessary documents. Click here to begin the application, then click on the “New Applicant” link to get started.
The following documents are required for a COMPLETE application:
Uploaded online when filling out the application:
- Current CV / resume and cover letter
- Proof of completion of a 3-credit college-level Math course with a C or higher (or proof of passing score on CLEP exam)
- Proof of completion of a 3-credit college-level English course with a C or higher (or proof of passing score on CLEP exam)
- Proof of completion of college-level Medical Terminology course with a C or higher
- Certificate of attendance from an in-person, 15 hour (minimum) Doula Training course within the last two (2) years, OR proof of current Doula certification, OR proof of current employment as a Doula or Birth Assistant (such as a link to your website or a copy of your business card). Temporary placeholders are acceptable, such as receipt of payment or proof of registration for a Doula Training course.
- Notarized name change document(s) (if applicable)
- Copies of any professional licenses (if applicable)
- Essay questions (click here for a Word file of the essay questions; some applicants prefer to write their answers ahead of time and copy/paste the answers into the application)
Sent directly to FSTM:
- $75 application fee (pay via PayPal at the end of the application, or an invoice will be sent to you via email once your completed application has been received)
- Copy of your high school diploma or official transcripts (sent directly from your institution to FSTM)
- Official transcripts from all post secondary schools, colleges, universities, or vocational programs attended (sent directly from your institution to FSTM)
- Two (2) professional letters of recommendation (sent directly from your reference to FSTM). Please use this form for all letters of recommendation.
- A completed FAFSA (use school code 038565) if you will be applying for financial aid
After your complete application has been received, FSTM will contact you to set up an applicant interview.
Upon completion of your application, if you are requesting Advanced Standing credit, please use this form and email it to email@example.com and/or print it out and bring it to your interview.
If you have questions or need assistance with your application, we are here to help!